Being Part of the Beacon Network is Rewarding!
“Contributing to the well-being of my community and getting involved can boost my sense of accomplishment and belonging to my community.”
The Network Aims to:
- Help individuals and the community adapt to the post-pandemic reality
- Promote collective resilience and foster a culture of kindness
- Promote resources and activities offered in the community
- Mobilize the population, strengthen the social fabric and promote mutual aid relationships
- Reach out to the general population
My Role as a Beacon
- Be present for my community by being empathetic and showing kindness
- Be involved in my community and to contribute to its well-being by promoting community and municipal activities
- Share ways to take care of myself and others with those around me and distribute the Beacon Network tools
- Recognize stress signals, and share coping strategies and support resources if desired
- Be the eyes and ears of my community
- Refer to community resources and to services offered by the CISSS de l’Outaouais
To fulfill my role as a Beacon, I need to care for my own well-being while I am involved by taking care of myself, respecting my limits, and making sure not to carry the experiences of others on my shoulders.
Sign Me Up
Life Advocacy Officer
This project was initiated by the Department of Health and Social Services and is implemented throughout the Outaouais.